• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Headband Lights?

NickTF

LawnSite Member
Looking to be able to maintain my ability to keep early starts when the daylight hours dwindle significantly. In doing so, I decided to look at headband lights for reasons of cost, ease of implementation, and ability to have it with me trimming in addition to mowing. For me, doubt it would see use over 45m a day.

These things have come a long way. This is what I have coming. 1250 lumens for 90m and a very wide flood pattern.

Anyone else using substantial headband lights to extend operable hours when the daylight hours dwindle during fall? My main machine is a v-ride 2 so i'll be standing 100% of the time.

DMT29

LawnSite Member
I have one I got from Amazon a few years ago. I don't use it for mowing but, man, is it bright. Rechargeable LED. Has a low and high beam. Crazy bright. I could definitely see it used on your Vride.

OP
NickTF

NickTF

LawnSite Member
I just tried out my th30 from thrunite and it’s exactly what the doctor ordered. Like having daylight on the 1250 lumens setting. Tried the useless 3200+ lumens setting (useless because only runs for a few minutes that bright) and it’s damn near too much light lol.