Headed to IA in Long Beach

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by 1idejim, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Gotta love the Armada Hand Crank Locator!

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Sure like to know who is who in Jim's pic? I think I spot two I know, but, the rest ?:dizzy:

kawasaki guy likes this.
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

IA is over for me, heading north in the a.m. for a visit with relatives then on to the great state of Jefferson.

What can I say, IA was a success for me, I met a bunch of people I’ve spoken to many times but never met.

Hunters main man Rod Waller introduced me to Rain Birds main man Ron Walforth - through Rod I was lucky enough to meet Jeff Faulk, Scott and Sylvia. Sylvia was hot!

Dan Hanson and his lovely wife Heidi stopped by to shake hands, a real treat.

Mitchell introduced his entire crew whom we enjoyed coffee and cocktails with last evening. Great bunch of guys who for one reason or another seem to really respect Mitch. Good group of guys.

There were a bunch of people I shook hands with, too many to remember for honorable mention but it was a pleasure for sure.

My goal was meeting Bruce Nelson of Armada technologies, which not only happened I also met Kevin, Jim Carefoot and Bruce’s cousin Laura.

I helped a bit at the Armada booth today since they were short handed and met a ton of guys and gals in doing so.

I spent the week with Eddie and Genaro, had more than a great time and will be sorry we’re parting company tomorrow. Thanks for the company and friendship Ed!!!!

We’re threatening to attend IA next year in Vegas (I think) and maybe spend a night at the national finals rodeo too.

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Oooops, I met eric not Kevin.

That’s the coolest new item Sprinkus, it’s a sonde for the 900. I’m a gonna try one out soon I hope :)!

Sprinkus and Wet_Boots like this.
  5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Silver Member

It was great to finally meet you in person Jim and put a face to the name. I wish we could have stayed longer and talked more but we were trying to get out of there before rush hour traffic in the rain (we barely made it...almost two hours to get home, should have only been an hour and fifteen minutes at the most). Armada has some exciting products coming out that I'm excited to try out. I'd definitely be down for attending next year in Vegas. Maybe I can meet a bunch of the other guys too!

6. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

I was at the show and also took a few courses. The instructors were great and very informative as they pointed out that the IA course slides were going to be worked on and updated for next year. It's a good thing that their real life experience in the field was offered up because it went a long way to get the gist of the topics across when the PP slides were lacking.

The show itself was cool-picked up some great ideas to try some new products like wireless soil moisture sensors and wireless flow sensing.

It's said that knowledge is power but data rules!

7. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Gold Member

From left to right . The first guy is I feel bad but I forgot his name , he’s not on the forums but an employee of Eddie . It’s him
    >me> Jim > Huntertekgeek ( rod). And capt stream rotor (Eddie)

There were a few guys I would have liked to meet ( love the green biz , SoCal and Ron ) but didn’t get the chance to .

The trip is over for us, we got back home around midnight last night and we are back at work now. Six of us flew down For the show.

I had a great time, the show itself was awesome. The other year in Vegas was my first time and I more so just grazed products and stands . I have a hard time listening to someone who is trying to sell me something. This year I really took the time and checked out most of the stands and Really dove Into some of the products that related to our work and what we provide. ... We didn’t take any classes this year. Some pretty cool stuff out there

Meeting some of the guys on here was an awesome experience. With good conversations and jokes ,a lot of beer and good times all around !

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Ahh, I miss the days when I could go to I.A. and stock-up on tees! :cool2:

SoCalLandscapeMgmt likes this.
  9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Golf tees? plumbing tees? shirt tees?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:03 PM
    Mike Leary likes this.
  10. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Silver Member

There weren't a whole lot of free things at this show. I think the most I got was a couple of Toro pens.

1idejim and Mike Leary like this.