Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you professionals use the protective helmet systems offered by Stihl/Echo etc. that are shown at the link below? I have used many types of safety glasses and it's so humid here that they fog up and tick me off. I also wear ear muffs and thought this would be a neat idea but I wanted some opinions of those who maybe have used these before I spend 45 on one. Thanks.

Stihl Helmet System

· Registered
463 Posts
i completely agree w/ goat...i honestly cannot see how in the world anyone could stand to wear something like that...i mean, my god we are cutting grass for god's sake...not going into battle...get yourself a good pair of safety sunglasses, foam plugs and go to work...hey, more power to ya if you want to punish yourself like that ny wearing something like that...not me...

· Registered
2,133 Posts
Yes I have that same kind of setup but the Husqvarna model. It all depends on what you want to use it for. I do a lot of tree work and need that setup to protect my head, hearing and eyes from the flying woodchips. As you know the mesh will never fog up but the “brain bucket” helmet will keep you a little warm. I will take safety over comfort any day. I only use this when using the chainsaw and not for when trimming grass. I hope this helps.

Gravely_Man

· Registered
54 Posts
I have one and use it all the time when I cut wood and am going to start using it when string trimming. Safety glasses get covered in sweat and fog up too much. The hat is actually very comfortable and allows air to circulate over your head much better than a baseball cap. Plus it keeps my balled head from getting sun burned. ;)

· Registered
229 Posts
I wear one while cut firewood and clearing fence lines for local farmers. It's saved my eyes a couple times.I also would suggest protective chaps too anyone that cuts alot of wood.However I could never wear the helmet doing trimming because it is hot, only in the fall & winter while doing firewood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.