Lawn Care Forum banner

health ins.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Green in Idaho 
#1 ·
I know this is a little off subject, But i,ll ask any way
I,ve been in business for 5 yrs.and would really like for my wife too beable to quit her full time job(which she has for insurance only) But She cant get Health ins, Unless its group ins. Or it cost 600-800 mo.and still doesn't cover anything.
Is there some green industry org. that would offer a group plan?
:confused:

#3 ·
600-800/mo for minimal coverage??? Pre-exsting something?

Regardless as an employee of your business (your wife) the insurance would be deductible so the "after-tax cost" is much less.

Find out the exact cost to get to get the same coverage she has now and divide it by the hows worked. i.e. $800/mo policy vs working 40hr /week = $5/hr value for the insurance. Could she earn $5/hr MORE working for you than what she earning now, OR is it personally worth $5/hr in a better work situation?

r. COBRA is available for 18 months too.

#5 ·
COBRA is not meant to be a bargain. It simply allows u to continue the policy your employer had for you.

COBRA is not a policy at all. IF the payments were high for you, they were also high for the employer. If the policy was cheap you will be able to take advantage of the those cheap premiums. It ONLY allows the continuation of the same policy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.