• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Health Insurance Question

Dixie Bluegrass

LawnSite Member
I had a question about which health insurance should I consider. Is there a specific health insurance for lawnscapers like me? Any specific company? I am just looking for coverage that would otherwise ruin me financially if something happens- maybe a $5K deductible. Any suggestions? Thanks.

BearWise Landscapers

LawnSite Senior Member
With health insurance, there are so many choices of different plans and options. I recommend that you contact an insurance agency in your area that specializes in health insurance. Ask them how many insurance carriers they represent for health insurance to see if they have access to more than one. In Florida, there are really only 5 or 6 insurance carriers that offer group health insurance plans. It may be different in other states, but the more they have access to, the better for you.

For landscapers in Florida, we refer our clients to an agency here in Orlando that only offers health insurance. They represent all of the insurance carriers and can offer hundreds of different plans to meet your needs and budget.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!