1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by snap12.5, Mar 17, 2005.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just wondering what u guys pay for health coverage. I know that because of the nature of the work, the insurance should be more because of a higher risk of injury. I am mostly interested in seeing what operators age 22 (after college) to age 30 pay. Thanks

2. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

I am 24, and pay 118.xx every 2 months to BlueCross. It does not cover doctors visits, just ER and hospital Stuff. It will run 2 times the above price if you want doctors visits covered.

3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I got a qoute from Antheim - Blue Cross, for their top plan with doctor visits and meds and it was $149 a month to cover myself and $180 more to cover my two young sons = $329 a month for all three of us.

4. robcrow03

robcrow03 LawnSite Member

Snap, check out ehealthinsurance.com They can give you some pretty good info on different plans along wiht cost.

5. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

We have health insurance through our local farmer's bureau. It's BCBS, but at a group rate instead of individual. We pay $254/mo for my wife and I and it covers ER, doctor visits, maternity, ambulance...pretty much the same coverage you'd get through an employer. It was, I believe, a $25 fee to become a member of the bureau - well worth it for the cheaper good coverage (same coverage through individual policy we were getting quotes around $400-$500/mo). Oh, and I am 22, she is 24.