Lawn Care Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts
I am a residential user with IS700Z to mow my 3 acres. I purchased it in 2014 and only have 111 hours on it. Last month my rear wheel snapped off. The tabs that the studs go into were still attached to the wheel rim. With only 111 hours this was obviously a casting issue however Ferris disagreed and would not cover it under warranty. If this commercial mower can go 111 hours I would be scarred to use it in a business. I will be trading it for an Exmark because of Ferris' response.

While I sympathize with your issue, the IS700Z is not really a commercial mower. Its price point is comparative to the zero turns in big box stores. You will be paying much more for an Exmark if you get a true commercial one.

I have a 2012 Ferris IS3100Z with a 72" deck. It has been a good zero turn. I have over 500 hours on it. While it does need some maintenance (such as shock bushings, and worn deck linkage components) it has been very reliable.

Reactions: hort101
I am a residential user with IS700Z to mow my 3 acres. I purchased it in 2014 and only have 111 hours on it. Last month my rear wheel snapped off. The tabs that the studs go into were still attached to the wheel rim. With only 111 hours this was obviously a casting issue however Ferris disagreed and would not cover it under warranty. If this commercial mower can go 111 hours I would be scarred to use it in a business. I will be trading it for an Exmark because of Ferris' response.
Did they say it was a fuel related issue? :laugh::hammerhead:
Theese days everithing is fuel related:puke:

Years back Ferris was King in my town because of the dealer, I have swapped to other brands and some of the other LCOs have swapped and I know of two more LCOs that are tired of there Ferris mowers and are gonna switch brands in the future.

While I sympathize with your issue, the IS700Z is not really a commercial mower. Its price point is comparative to the zero turns in big box stores. You will be paying much more for an Exmark if you get a true commercial one.

I have a 2012 Ferris IS3100Z with a 72" deck. It has been a good zero turn. I have over 500 hours on it. While it does need some maintenance (such as shock bushings, and worn deck linkage components) it has been very reliable.
500 hours is not many to have to be replacing worn parts on a commercial mower.

Disagree- other commercial mowers do not have shocks therefore cannot be compared to Ferris. I've had others that had worn misc linkage parts in the past... Every brand has their pros and cons just like vehicles and every other product in existance

I feel bad for anyone wanting to leave from a ferris. You will not find a more comfortable machine. I have a 2016 ferris 3200z 72 inch with 800hrs. No issues what so ever. This is my second ferris and I will continue to stick with them. A suspension seat will not do justice on any other brands

101 - 116 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.