• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Hearing Protection ??????

Ocalalawns

LawnSite Member
What do you guys wear for hearing protection? Which type cut out the mower noise the best? Do you use any with radios that do a good job cancelling out mower noise. Are the ear plugs as good , as the headsets are hot in the summer months?

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
What do you guys wear for hearing protection? Which type cut out the mower noise the best? Do you use any with radios that do a good job cancelling out mower noise. Are the ear plugs as good , as the headsets are hot in the summer months?

I use elvex Relax. there fm stereo and there also hearing protection or safety head phones.they do get hot in summer,bring a towel.

gmlcinc

LawnSite Member
I use worktunes. I have found the best price at theearplugsuperstore.com
You can get the hearing protection plus radio for around $50. However if u want to plug a mp3 player in the only pair they have for that are around $120.
:waving:

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
I use worktunes. I have found the best price at theearplugsuperstore.com
You can get the hearing protection plus radio for around $50. However if u want to plug a mp3 player in the only pair they have for that are around $120.
:waving:

The elvex that i use you can put in the i pod and before i forget, buy the rechargeable ones. you will spend more in batteries then there worth.

Tvov

LawnSite Bronze Member
I also use Elvex (I think that's what they are), just muffs though no radio or anything. They only run around $10.

I wear them ALL the time, so I am used to them. When you are used to wearing them, you won't really notice them anymore, even on hot days. What will amaze you is after wearing hearing protection for a long time, try running machines without. You will be shocked how loud they will seem. I don't understand how people run commercial mowers without hearing protection.

Fantasy Lawns

LawnSite Bronze Member
In FL those over the ear protectors will sweat ya silly

I use the Nascar style ear plugs ...so I can listen to my MP3

I don't know if Landscaper Pro carries these .... as I don't want to step on a Sponsors toes ....but if they don't ...they may wish too look into em ....just as a further option of what good stuff they already carry ;-)

Turfdude

LawnSite Bronze Member
tw@t did you say?? i c&nt hear you, I have an ear inf&ction, can you speak a t!tty bit louder??

Seriously, get yourself a "plug station" and go w/ the laser lite ear plugs or laser max... comfortable & work very well