1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I use AO Safety re-usables.

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I have aosafety radio muffs...I done mow without them
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I've had some in the past with an NRR of 20 & 29.

4. Greg78

Anybody using anything with Bluetooth?

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I use work tunes when mowing, but during cleanups when I'm running the blowers all day on my back I use foam inserts and work tunes over them. Can still hear the music just enough and that's all I hear. I got tired of my ears ringing all night

6. Greg78

Have had the worktunes and didn't care for them at all. I've been using ear buds listening to Pandora. I am tired of the wire. Looking for something better and since I will be working alone this year wanted something with bluetooth so I can take calls from the office or the other truck.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

3m foam earplugs. they are comfortable and can be bought in a box of 200 pairs or more really cheap. i hate wearing ear muff type pressing against my ears and especially when it's hot outside like 100 degrees.

8. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

3M ear muffs for me!

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Disposable foam earplugs here. I prefer Quiet! Please by Flents...can get them at many drug stores in boxes of 25 pairs for ~$8. Though, they've been harder to find in the last couple of years. I might start ordering them online in bottles of 50 pairs:

http://www.earplugstore.com/flents-quiet-please-ear-plugs-bottle.html

Depending upon how dirty they become, I can usually get 3-5 days out of each pair before tossing them out.