1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

hearing protectors and MP3 players?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried these : http://www.elvex.com/Com-210.htm

They have the noise reduction, but also the import plug so you can hook them up to an MP3 player. Im thinking i may give them a try. anyone have anything huge against them or are they a quality company?

2. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

Just got them the other day and they are working well. The only criticism I have is that they are not loud enough. Maybe I am going deaf as a result of not using them before. I have not plugged my mp3 player into the port yet. They seem realy sturdy and the fm reception is great. I guess if they were any louder it would defeat the purpose. While running blowers and trimmers I can barely hear the engines.

3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Sony Walkman and some high dollar head phones. The only down fall i see is the AAA batteries. I go through a ton of them. Working alone they are okay but when the guys are wearing theirs I can't say anything to them. I wind up throwing things at them to get there attention.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree that battery consumption may get outrageous, so i was planning to get rechargable batteries.

Jonathan, did you get the exact model that i linked? Im somewhat curious as to the comment you posted... im almost wondering if you got the quiet tunes.

5. ludwiglawncare

MacLawnCo
    I am sorry, I did get the q

6. ludwiglawncare

I did get the quiet tunes. My bad....

7. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am surprised you did not get the rechargeable ones, they provide 27 dB Noise Reduction and have a port for CD player or MP3.

http://www.elvex.com/Com-80R.htm

8. ludwiglawncare

9. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

If you want to spend money, Bose makes a headphone set that is suppose to block outside noise for $299.00.