• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

hearing protectors and MP3 players?

MacLawnCo

LawnSite Bronze Member
Has anyone tried these : http://www.elvex.com/Com-210.htm

They have the noise reduction, but also the import plug so you can hook them up to an MP3 player. Im thinking i may give them a try. anyone have anything huge against them or are they a quality company?

ludwiglawncare

LawnSite Member
Just got them the other day and they are working well. The only criticism I have is that they are not loud enough. Maybe I am going deaf as a result of not using them before. I have not plugged my mp3 player into the port yet. They seem realy sturdy and the fm reception is great. I guess if they were any louder it would defeat the purpose. While running blowers and trimmers I can barely hear the engines.

Blades of Steel

LawnSite Senior Member
I use a Sony Walkman and some high dollar head phones. The only down fall i see is the AAA batteries. I go through a ton of them. Working alone they are okay but when the guys are wearing theirs I can't say anything to them. I wind up throwing things at them to get there attention.

OP
MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo

LawnSite Bronze Member
I agree that battery consumption may get outrageous, so i was planning to get rechargable batteries.

Jonathan, did you get the exact model that i linked? Im somewhat curious as to the comment you posted... im almost wondering if you got the quiet tunes.