1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Heartwarming Story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mower For Less, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I just wanted to share a funny story that happened recently. I sent out my renewals, with price increases. Get a call from one customer, who has been a great customer for the last 3 seasons now. He says I just wanted to let you know I am sending you my signed renewal back, and Im enclosing a check for 24 weeks paid in advace for mowing. No discounts, no incentive, I didnt even ask him for it. He just wanted to pay up early. I wish they were all like that, and he NEVER complains about price. One time he asked me how much to move a small pile of mulch for him. It was about a 15 minute job, I almost said I'd do it for nothing, but I quoted him $20. He says, how about $50, hands me the $50 and walks off.

Now if that dont make you feel good... I dont know what will.

2. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

We all could use some of those kind. It would balance out the ones you want to strangle.

REV.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad great people like that are so far and few between.

4. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i need fifty of those customers...lol

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

don't we all

6. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

what will you do for the last 2-3 mowings?

7. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I love these customers. I was at a guys house the other day doing a small cleanup and the guy gave me a new craftsman 21" mower, used one time. Said he couldn't use it. Then he gave me a 86 rx7 that he couldn't use. Condition was mint, everything worked well. Just needs a tune up. What a nice guy you know?

8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a client that I will be doing full landscaping for this year, he always pays on right away (usualy the same day as the work is finished) and usualy in cash. He has 6+ acres of lawn and has NEVER complained, even durring the summer drought when the lawn looked like Sh** because of lack of water.

9. aceman71

aceman71 LawnSite Member

The other day I had a crew doing a $1500.00 clean-up for a regular customer and she came walking out of the house and said '' could you use a boat?" I said I've always wanted one.....She goes "see that one down there it's yours!!" I about died ..it's an older boat but both motors work fine ...God bless customers like that:usflag:

10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Anything that runs over the amount will be billed for as usual. He did the same thing last year but paid for 21 cuts. I had to bill him for 3 more. Thats all I cut last year was 24, so thats how he picked 24 this year.

Kevin