1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy Duty Air Filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Mar 22, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I ordered my hd air cleaner kit for my 25 Kohler last week and went and picked it up today. I will try to get it put on tonight, I'll let ya know how complicated it is :)<p>The kit is complete under two part #'s and come with all the mounting hardware. The dealer was shocked, I had given him the numbers and he had no idea what I was getting or what the kit consisted of. I paid about $150 for it. I do usually get a 10% break on parts through him but I am not sure it applied to this or not. But you should be able to get it for somewhere near that. If you are interested email me and I will give you the part #'s or his phone #. I won't post his # here, I don't want to cause any problems :) He said he would ship parts if anyone were interested. He now has all the part #'s and if you call him he will know what youare talking about.<p>These are available for 18-25 hp Kohler horizontals, but they use several different part #'s for the different engine. I don't have them here right now but I will post em later.<p><p><br>

2. How about taking a picture of that air filter setup when installed. <p>I would like to see if I can adapt it to a<br>18hp Vertical shaft engine.

3. Keith

Will do. I will get pictures up asap. You will have to do some fab work to make it work on a vertical which sucks because the kit comes with brackets you wouldn't be using. The main mounting bracket actually bolts with spacers to the upper valve covers(horizontal)<p>ps, It was really a straight forward install, took about 35 minutes, could do it again in 20.<br>

4. Keith

Sorry about 2+ month wait :)<p><p><p>&lt;a href=&quot;http://home.mpinet.net/horsepower/lawn/filter.html&quot;&gt;Here Are A Couple More&lt;/a&gt;<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith