Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching archives but cannot find a post someone had in the last year or so regarding an alternative for hauling brush/leaves. The product was a more rigid, draggable tarp-like thingy for hauling brush, leaves, mulch, dead bodies...whatever. I want to be able to drag by hand or even tow brush/leaves but blue and black tarps just don't last. Any ideas? "Outback arborist tarp" is more what I'm looking for but they're only 10'x10'...I'd like something longer if possible.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
I've got a couple of these. I got one big enough to cover the bottom of my 7x14 trailer, and another 8x20 tarp. I cut it into 4 pieces, 4x10ft to put down along bushes when trimming. They have pockets in the end so I run a pipe through an end to pull it around. Tie a rope to it and your mower and drag it around.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've been searching archives but cannot find a post someone had in the last year or so regarding an alternative for hauling brush/leaves. The product was a more rigid, draggable tarp-like thingy for hauling brush, leaves, mulch, dead bodies...whatever. I want to be able to drag by hand or even tow brush/leaves but blue and black tarps just don't last. Any ideas? "Outback arborist tarp" is more what I'm looking for but they're only 10'x10'...I'd like something longer if possible.
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
1000 Denier Polyester.
They cost a pretty penny but these things are durable.
I use them to cover equipment, trailer when hauling, and to haul brush and leaves around yards.

Here's a link to a 6x8:

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
1000 Denier Polyester.
They cost a pretty penny but these things are durable.
I use them to cover equipment, trailer when hauling, and to haul brush and leaves around yards.

Here's a link to a 6x8:
My suggestion is a special extra hard and slippery plastic (called HDPE, high density polyethylene). Put your tarp-load of leaves on it --with the corners tied together.
Very slippery, slides over grass and onto to your trailer easily when you pull on the rope.
A couple 2 feet by 5 feet children's red plastic toboggans--would work.
Or three of those blue flat roll-up child-size sleds.
Also handy for entertaining the kids.
Or use when deer hunting.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I’m aware of HDPE but a tougher tarp is going to work best for my needs. I found something online called Strongarm or Strongway (have it written down) that is available in bigger sizes. May go that route…there’s also a big custom tarp, boat/RV cover place within reason I may stop by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts