1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimmer Question

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Green Team Landscaping, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

hi, its coming time that i buy a hedge trimmer for this property i have that needs a lot cut, and i think that i could defineatey offer hedge trimming as a service soon, but i have a question. I was at home depot today and there were 2 gas hedge trimmers(electric isnt an option for me), and they were a Ryobi 26cc 22" for $179, and an Echo 21cc 20" for $279. which one is beter quality, and better for the $? well i mean is the echo worth its price?

2. Green Team Landscaping

Oh and 2 more ones....

a Poulan Pro 25cc 22" for $189
    and a
    Weed Eater 25cc 22" for $144

3. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

pay the extra money and get somthing that will last a long time. and never buy your equipment from wal-mart!

4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I agree - get something better. Tanaka is a great choice and they stand behind the product. The longer the better.

I use mine a few times a week. Every customer I have has hedge/shrubs, something that needs trimming.

5. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Stihl has some nice trimmers for just a little more $.

6. Green Team Landscaping

so none of these? and i should go for tanaka? i would buy redmax, but they dont have any lace that sells it here in new hampshire

7. Green Team Landscaping

i guess this would be the easiest question to ask...what brand should i buy? and what brands do you guys use?

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl HS-45 here, I've had this 5-6 years.

9. Green Team Landscaping

alright thanks man.

10. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep same here with the stihl. i have two of them and the first one must be 15 years old..run great except leaks alittle gas, which isn't good..on my to-do list to fix from years ago...LOL :laugh: thats why i bought the other one. ya i'll fix it tomorrow, uh, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow...:laugh: