1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasscapeinc, Apr 5, 2000.

1. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

I need a few new sets of hedge trimmers this year. I have been using double sided. Anyone out thre used single sided 30&quot; models?<br>How do you like them?

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what I use. Echo HC-2000. I wouldnt trade the single edge for anything. I can blast thru hedges at an amazing clip. Sometimes, though, I kinda wish for a lightweight trimmer since the 30 inch is kinda heavy and you cant swing it out in front of you, on a ladder, one-handed for long before the ol arm gets tired.<p>Maybe thats why I have forearms bigger than most peoples necks.<p>Bill

3. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

I just got a Stihl 40&quot; single blade. Used it today worked great. The dealer said I would get tired only going one way but holding them both the single felt more balanced and lighter even though it was about 2lbs heavier.I think the engine/handle placement makes the single feel better. I only do a little trimming but had two first time customers and that 40&quot; Stihl cut my time in half compared to the piece of garbage Homelite double sided I used to use. Go for the 40&quot; instead of the 30&quot;. Weight is fractional and one time passes on hedges and not leaning over is worth it.