1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimmers Used At Disney

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by StackLawn, Sep 22, 2013.

1. StackLawn

StackLawn LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, http://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/hi.gif I've heard that at Disney World, they use special hedge trimmers with a spiral or reel-type blade that also sucks up the hedge clippings into a bag. This would be so much more productive than regular hedge trimming. Does any one here know what brand/model of trimmers they use? Thanks

2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm interested in this as well.

3. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like those type of trimmers would only be useful for topiary type trimming. Small soft growth only. In our business that is not the normal hedges and bushes you'll be trimming.

RussellB likes this.
  4. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Member

5. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from MN

Following

6. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

6 years, and NOBODY has found an answer, and NOW you're following?

I don't know anything about the tools Disney uses to maintain their topiaries, but I do know this much about their topiaries: they have acre after acre of ready-to-go free-standing topiaries in their back lots, that can get swapped out with anything on display that's not perfect. And the "topiaries" on display are not sculpted individual plants, but rather a mosaic of plants on a steel armature, so I believe that the individual plants can be swapped out overnight for minor repairs.

These people claim to sell the worlds only collecting hedge trimmers:
    http://www.gardengroom.com/
    But I have no idea if Disney uses their products.

MNLawns likes this.
  7. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Member

believe I saw this on you tube.believe I watched a minute or so and saw an extension cord and tuned out.havent been to Disneyland in 8 years or so and more impressive to me is the detail on the painting.

MNLawns likes this.
  8. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from MN

Lol, in the unlikely event someone knew I wanted the answer :)