1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimming Bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by StylinLawnCare, Nov 27, 2009.

1. StylinLawnCare

StylinLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a cemetary two miles from my house that wants a bid for trimming the hedges. There is 680 feet of hedge about 6-7 foot tall and they want them waist high.I live in the country, so I dump debris there. I have no idea what to bid on this job.

2. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

what type of shrub is it?

3. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

Dumping fee dumping fee dumping fee 680 is long then, well, go with your company per/man/hour/ rate

4. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

Ass suming you have the equipment duh!

5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The biggest thing to look out for is the size of the branches, at waist height. If a hedgetrimmer can make the cut, you should be able to whack it down in a couple of hour. Clean up is going to take some time. Then plan on more time to touch it up when the bulk of the debris is cleared away. 1 guy, 1 day, depending on how many truckloads of debris you haul away, maybe 1.5 days. Charge for all windshield time.

If there are a lot of branches that require a loppers or saw, bring a helper to come along behind to lop and start the cleanup. In this case charge 2 man days.

6. anotherturfgeek

anotherturfgeek LawnSite Member

All BS aside, rent a shredder like you would when cutting trees down. 6-7'ft of hedge trimmmed to 4' x's 680' is one s_ _ t load of debris. 2 men, can do it in a day with a chain saw, shredder. I would charge $750.00 plus rental and dump fees..