1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

hedge trimming

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zak's Pro. Lawn Care, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

just curious i don't do alot of hedge trimming and such i usually get to it soon after the customer ask to get it done but i was wondering what the best time of the year is to do it? am in northwest ohio.

2. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Excuse me of being ignorant since I am not a LCO. But I am into hedges, I have different hedges around, in fact quite a bit. I trim it all year round. I inspect it often and if I see growth out of place, I trim it neet. All I worry is how tall I want it to be and how wide I want it to be, when things start sticking out, I trim it straight to keep it a nice straight look if it meant to be regardless of when!!! Now I am planting some India Halthorn and plan to trim it to ball shape. I am not going to wait for the right season to trim it if it start going out of round!!!!

It almost seems like the more agressive I trim, the more they grow the way I want them to grow. Yes I trim all year round. So far, they are happy and I am happy.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic