Hello fellow Kohler Magnum Fanatics!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TKSKAGEN, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:06 PM.

?

HELP! I am wanting he to increase to Low-end/High-end Torque and Horsepower of my "Workbench MV18S"!

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TKSKAGEN

TKSKAGEN LawnSite Member

Hi yall,

I am a "Shade-tree" Small Engine Mechanic from Port Orchard, Washington (just west of Seattle).

My current "baby" is my 1987ish Craftsman GT6000 Model #917.255950, with an Electric Actuator and Sleeve Hitch.

I'm currently in the process of converting a 1990's GT5000 with a 1987ish MV18S and an Aftermarket Electric Actuator with an OE Sleeve Hitch.

I'm looking for the "King of the Kohler Magnums" to discuss some MUCH WANTED HP/TORQUE Upgrades/Modifications...

Looking forward to hearing/reading from yall

2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

Good luck with that.

3. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Silver Member

I’ll be watching this one. Moding flywheel keys, coil mounts, valve seat angles, polishing, jetting, exhaust etc etc etc are all old school tricks. And 9 times out of 10, after you get the added power, you have to solve the 20 problems you just created. LOL
    I have played with chainsaws. I have a beast of a MS 290. Ex mod, little polishing and a larger jets

Walker56, TKSKAGEN and JLSLLC like this.