1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Central Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mr.Centex, May 10, 2009.

1. Mr.Centex

Mr.Centex LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,

I'm 25 years old, married along with 2 wonderful children. I just started my lawn care business within the last 2 weeks. My truck and trailer are commercially insured, my equipment is insured and I have $1mm in general liability.

In the past 2 weeks I've picked up and serviced 2 residential accounts, 2 small landscaping jobs, 1 large debris cleanup, 2 commercial bids and have been low-balled 2 times already :p

It's been a very busy two weeks but I am loving it (especially since I still have a full time job). I've learned a lot by reading this forum prior to getting started and want to thank everyone who has contributed their knowledge/advise on this forum.

Thanks,
    Mr.Centex

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome.........................need pictures of your equipment...........:)

Great site for info from LCO's across the US and Canada......:usflag:

3. Mr.Centex

I will try to have some up on tuesday :)

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site and good luck this season.

5. Mr.Centex

I want to thank everyone who has replied. I'm still working on getting some pictures up on the site :)

I'm very glad to say that I have picked up a few more residential & commercial accounts, which I am now officaly turning a profit. The majority of my business has come from google (I'm #1 on the local listings).

I'm getting an average of 1 estimate request per day. If it wasn't for lowballers I would have 20 accounts right now :(

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Where abouts in central Texas are you located?

7. Mr.Centex

I'm in Temple.