Hello from Nebraska!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Neighbor-kid, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Neighbor-kid

Neighbor-kid LawnSite Member

Hey guys and gals,

I've been in the industry for a few years now mowing, fertilizing, aerating and trimming trees for other companies but I now want to venture off on my own. I have an applicators license and I am almost an ISA certified arborist.

I'm very eager and excited to learn everything I can about this industry from those of you with much more experience than I have! Thanks in advance for all the help and I apologize for some of the dumb questions I'm sure I will have. Cheers!

Neighbor-kid Lawn Landscape and Tree

2. Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company LawnSite Member

Hi. I'm 18 and in the lawn care business on my own. I started in September. (Bad timing, I know, even for SC.) I'll be following you to see how things go. My range of services is somewhat more mundane: "Mow, Blow, & Go", mulch, pine straw, yard cleanup, I have a couple contractors I give all my major tree work to. But, hey: To each his own.

I like the name. I chose to steer away from something like that, because I didn't want to seem like just a kid with a mower for the summer. I didn't want to give the impression of being temporary and scare long-term customers (the kind I want) off. All that being said, I really love the local guy/personal approach. I'll be interested to see if it works out for you.

hort101 likes this.
  3. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome!

hort101 likes this.
  4. Neighbor-kid

Neighbor-kid LawnSite Member

Hey man, cool to hear that you're on your own at 18! No shame in passing off tree jobs. Its all about networking! I honestly wish I could get out of the tree side, its a LOT of work and I'm having to rent my chipper/chip truck from my foreman so its not really even worth it.

Thanks for the feedback on my name. I had the same concerns as far as not being taken seriously or being able to grow as big as I want with a 'childish' name. I wanted to avoid the 'green' names as my area is flooded with them and I'd like to stand out a little, but at the end of the day I like to stand out with my quality of work.

I currently have 6 accounts but I haven't officially launched yet (no flyers/advertising/shirts or anything) so there is time to change if I come up with something a little more professional. I'm just struggling to figure out a 'Neighbor-kid LLT' logo that doesn't seem like it should be drawn in crayons lol. Your logo is pretty awesome! I'll be eager to hear how your career progresses, keep me posted. Cheers!

5. Gwinnett Lawns

Gwinnett Lawns LawnSite Member

Welcome!