Hello from OKC. I need help on pricing for applying herbicides

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Amserna, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Amserna

Amserna LawnSite Member

I’ve worked in the lawn care business for about 8 years managing my fathers business. I recently have got my applicators license. And am a certified sprayer for here in Oklahoma. I purchased a space saver 200gal tank with a D30 pump. I’m just not sure how to price the applications. Would it be by square footage? Thanks for the help.

2. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Member

My suggestion is to price per square foot or something on that order. Few other individuals on the site use terms of an acre for pricing. Depending on your supplier the may already have cost for product broken down for sq foot if not it is simple to do so using an excel sheet, or even by hand. I personally have decided to make an excel sheet to calculate the costs spray with markup on the product, labor, and any applicable taxes to provide a end result for the customer. Once such a sheet is made you can simply change sq foot figure and you price is automatically calculated. I also suggest a minimum charge. Those small lots may how a low price, may not be worth stopping with out a minimum.

3. Amserna

Amserna LawnSite Member

Thank you!