Hello. Need help with maintenance issue

TJW

LawnSite Member
I have a 2004 Turf Tiger with a 27hp Kawasaki. My battery died on me a couple weeks ago so I bought a new one. The new one just quit working. What is the name of the alternator that charges the battery. I can't ID it in Scag part list.

Thanks in advance for the help!

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
You mean the voltage regulator or the stator? It will be on the Kawasaki.

prezek

LawnSite Senior Member
If the voltage regulator stopped working, it’ll not charge your battery. Quick easy fix...if your stator (alternator) isn’t charging the system, not a quick easy fix. It’s under the flywheel.

OP
T

TJW

LawnSite Member
If the voltage regulator stopped working, it’ll not charge your battery. Quick easy fix...if your stator (alternator) isn’t charging the system, not a quick easy fix. It’s under the flywheel.
I changed the voltage regulator today and the battery died again. Anyone have a suggestion on the next part to try?

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Start with a visual inspection of all the wiring. Check battery grounds. If you find nothing, get a copy of manufacturer's wiring diagram and follow their troubleshooting chart. Could be a dirty or loose connector, bad stator, etc. Good luck.

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
I had a scag with a kohler 27 and the magnets came unglued from the flywheel and destroyed the stator. It was a common issue, not sure if Kawasaki have this issue?

I'd get a test light and start checking at the fuses and tracing wires. could be as simple as a broken wire.