Hello, new to the website. Glad I came.

canes2win

LawnSite Member
I have two zero turn toros, ones techinically residential, and the other is commericial. 54 inch deck and 60 inch deck. I am almost 90% on getting a scag. Not sure which one I want though. Need some help there. BUT scag is doing a promotion right now till april, if you are a commecial landscaping company, and you do not own a scag, they knock off around 1,000 dollars if you purchase a scag... Thoughts? thanks in advance.

nepatsfan

LawnSite Gold Member
I have two zero turn toros, ones techinically residential, and the other is commericial. 54 inch deck and 60 inch deck. I am almost 90% on getting a scag. Not sure which one I want though. Need some help there. BUT scag is doing a promotion right now till april, if you are a commecial landscaping company, and you do not own a scag, they knock off around 1,000 dollars if you purchase a scag... Thoughts? thanks in advance.
Scags are great machines, leave a great cut but it depends on your budget and what you are using the machine for. How is the dealer that sells scag? That would be one of my main concerns. If you dont get good dealer support than I would look elsewhere.

OP
C

canes2win

LawnSite Member
the dealer is good.... it is in the middle of where alot of my accounts are, and if there is a problem with the scag, they have demos there that i can take out. so that is cool. the line of work is a little bit of everything. im debating on the cheetah, or the tiger cat... not that its that big of a deal but i still cant believe the cheetah does not have a cup holder lol

nepatsfan

LawnSite Gold Member
the dealer is good.... it is in the middle of where alot of my accounts are, and if there is a problem with the scag, they have demos there that i can take out. so that is cool. the line of work is a little bit of everything. im debating on the cheetah, or the tiger cat... not that its that big of a deal but i still cant believe the cheetah does not have a cup holder lol
Both good machines. The cheetah isn't offered in anything smaller than a 61" deck if that matters to you. I would demo both machines and worry about getting an aftermarket cup holder if it really bothers you:laugh:

OP
C

canes2win

LawnSite Member
lol haha, yeah i think i can find a 10 dollar attatchment for some kind of cupholder. I did demo the cheetah, i did like it. it did well with the grass clippings, FAST ( obviously hence the name ), but i have some time to decide.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i'm just curious do you guys actually use your cupholders? it would have to be a bottle or grass and such would get all in the cup lol. personally i never use it. i just drink before i cut and after. it would be kindof hard to unscrew the bottle while trying to steer the levers too since it takes both hands.

have you looked at the turf tigers? just throwing that out there. that's the scag mower that the majority of people use in my area. i think they are cheaper than the cheetah but more than the tiger cat.

nepatsfan

LawnSite Gold Member
i'm just curious do you guys actually use your cupholders? it would have to be a bottle or grass and such would get all in the cup lol. personally i never use it. i just drink before i cut and after. it would be kindof hard to unscrew the bottle while trying to steer the levers too since it takes both hands.

have you looked at the turf tigers? just throwing that out there. that's the scag mower that the majority of people use in my area. i think they are cheaper than the cheetah but more than the tiger cat.
turf tiger is a larger framed, heavier, and more expensive machine

idealscape

LawnSite Member
Welcome to the site, glad to have you. I am relatively new here also. Since you are asking for advice, and I mean nothing bad here. I would stick to Toro. By far the best cut out there. We have demoed and owned just about every machine made and have narrowed it down to Toro and are very brand loyal to them. The old SFS deck was by far the best one they ever had, but Turbo Force has proven to be a great deck design as well. If you feel that you will receive great customer service with the Scag dealer then it is definitely something to look into because downtime is a major factor in the commercial world. I wish you good luck with everything.

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
Tiger is probably worth the extra money. Thats the legendary commercial mower for Scag. You pay for the Scag and JD names. At least thats how it is around here. The Demo loaner is one of the reasons I went with my Toro dealer. Thats a big plus.