• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

help echo 230 question

costcutter

LawnSite Member
trying to find out if the echo230 is suitable for commercial and if so what is the difference in it and the 260. For now I can't find a 260 but found a 230 for 269.oo. is this a good price? thanks Bill

joed

LawnSite Bronze Member
The Echo SRM230 is a good unit for commercial use but the SRM260 is better due to a more powerful engine, a steel shaft and lighter weight. If you are doing a lot of trimming and heavy cutting with the trimmer, I would go with the 260, otherwise the 230 should be fine. Here, in Canada, Home Depot is selling the SRM 230 for $400 Canadian, about $260 American. They have a special deal whereby you can get the trimmer and pay nothing for a year. Do they have the same deal in the U.S.? Good luck.

capmaint

LawnSite Member
I just bought an SRM 230 and love it. Unless you are doing some serious brush cutting with it I think you will be happy w/ the 230. Price in AZ was $269.

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
we bought two srm260's last season. both immediately went in the shop to have the carbs replaced. we have been using echos for more than a decade and loved them. that's why it pains me to say, after this experience, i would recommend looking at a different manufacturer. maybe redmax or huskqvarna, until i am %100 percent positive that echo has fixed their problems.

Tx Firefighter

LawnSite Member
I've used a 230 commercially for 2 years now and still no problems.