1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

HELP exmark 52" WB turf tracer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbell113, Jun 29, 2004.

1. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used exmark 52" about 3 mnths ago and its been running great until last week. I cut a property and it ran fine. Went 2 houses down fired it up and it sounded strange like it was not running at full throttle. When I engaged the blade it almost cut off but slowly got back up to full rpm's. I took it home and checked the air cleaner and plugs and one of the plugs was loose I tightened it up and it ran fine for a couple of days and it started doing it again. I checked the plugs and they were tight. Took it home and started it up and after about a minute I heard the other cylinder kick in and I engaged the blades and it ran fine. Has anyone had this problem or can someone shed some light on what this might be. Its a 2000 model with a 17.5 horse kawasaki.

2. pike

pike LawnSite Member

Had the very same problem W/same symptoms. Took it back to dealer. One of the coils was going bad. About a $60 fix.

3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info I will look into it tomorrow.

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Exact same problem with my 48 TT last year. At first start up, would run on just one cyl. for a couple minutes then the other would kick in. The time for the other cyl. to kick in would keep increasing for a couple days. It was the coil also on mine.