1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Help from BOP Quick owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnTamer, Jan 10, 2008.

1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Hi all,
    I've been looking into a Quick 36 for a while now, but I have a weird question.

Why are they so wide? Looking at the dimensions listed on BOPs website, it appears the Q36 is actually 39" wide. What is it that makes the Q36 3 extra inches? I have a couple 36" mowers, they are just under 37" wide, and barely fit through many gates.
    If I bought a Q36, could I modify the width? Is there a removable side piece or something? What exactly protrudes past the blades?

2. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

There is a discharge shoot welded into the deck adding a couple of inches. You can't remove it, but to be honest I have never had any trouble getting into gated yards with it. I have a few that I have to maneuver just right but it still fits. Hope this helps.

3. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Gary has answered this before on this site, or you can simply contact him directly. To provide a true 36" cut that means the blades must span that width from end to end, in which case on a Quick means 3 blades. Then you have the deck, it's thickness, and such. He can explain it far better than I, all I know is we make a ton of money with his mower, and it fits in every "standard" size gate, at least here in Central Texas. Do yourself a favor and if you're serious, just call them and ask. They also have a 32 model coming soon. If the Q36 works for you it will be your best investment you could have made.