1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help Identifying this Toro Valve (pic attached)

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JTT, Sep 2, 2010.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I have one house with those and I replace at least one valve a year

2. JTT

JTT LawnSite Member
    from WA

Thanks for all your suggestions! This has been very helpful.

3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

flo pro fo sho

I cant say ive ever see that wire cap setup. Although i do remember them for a short period of time. Most people bought the regular pigtail version like all other valves come.

This was toro's quick and easy answer to eliminating grease caps/wire nuts.

It basically sandwiches down on the wires and holds them in place. with grease.

4. cory@central

cory@central LawnSite Member

looks like a toro flo-pro valve. best bet is a new valve. it will save you a call back it has always been a semi problematic valve

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome aboard Cory.

6. cory@central

cory@central LawnSite Member

thank you AI INc

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I've found the newest redesigned diaphram works in most cases. I should post some pics of the difference between the two.

I usually just replace them but there are times when in it's a huge PITA.

They still are the worst valve ever made and should never be used in well or lake water applications.

8. JayinMI

JayinMI LawnSite Member

A Toro Flo Pro for sure. We have TONS of these in the ground as back in the day the company I work for was a HUGE Toro installer....

Flo Pro's are a POS, rip it out and replace it with a DV or something. Stay away from the Toro EZ Flow and the Toro TPV! We have had great luck with K-Rain 7001 series valves when the Rain Bird DV issue was happening.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What's the problem with a Toro EZ-Flow, since from afar, they look just like the Irritrol 2400?

10. JayinMI

JayinMI LawnSite Member

Same solenoids as the Toro TPV. About a 38% failure rate out of the box from what I have seen.