Help me Bid my first commercial Job.

VinceH

LawnSite Member
Area: 3.05 acres
Perimeter: 6865 feet

Wants: Mowing, trimming and clean-up (Cost per each weekly mowing April-September)
Core aeration (Spring or Fall) $10 per 1000 sq? I have a stand on aerator

I know pricing slightly changes for mowing on commercial lot vs residential lots. please help me, help me walk through this.

Last edited:

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
Why did you list the perimeter feet? Does it all require trimming? How much trimming is involved on the job? Every acre can be different on the time it takes to complete the lawncare. You need to look at the property closely and decide how long it will take you to do the lawncare.

What does "cleanup" involve?

OP
V

VinceH

LawnSite Member
Why did you list the perimeter feet? Does it all require trimming? How much trimming is involved on the job? Every acre can be different on the time it takes to complete the lawncare. You need to look at the property closely and decide how long it will take you to do the lawncare.

What does "cleanup" involve?
Sorry daughter had me doing something and I forgot to add the picture lol. Clean up is blowing off the grass clippings. Now with a picture i think it will help with my questions lol

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't do aeration, so can't help you there. As far as the mowing, trimming and blowing, I would think around the $400 mark per service.

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
The lots are flat easy lots. 60" fit everywhere on property.
And this means what? Are you saying that the prices we gave you seem high? Be sure that you understand the "business side" of things when figuring prices. Just because something may be "easy" on you, it doesn't mean that business overhead suddenly drops. And even if the mowing is easy on this one, you still have a lot of trimming on this.

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
$200 ish. Each week.
If it's considered one property with 12 buildings on it.
And it's all under one invoice.

If your dealing with 12 seperate owners, with 12 seperate invoices, then I'd be about $360. $30 each.