Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 Bunton 27HP Kohler, 60" Elect. Deck lift, 1997 Trac Vac. All in very new condition. 860 Hrs. Looks sa-weet! runs like new. Used as a backup. SINGLE owner/user. $9200 new + $500 trac vac. selling for $4600 but will take $4000 for all. Is it worth $4000? (he'll throw in a redmax string trimer, 3 sets of blades, extra tires/rims, spark plugs, air filters, hoses, belts.) I need to know right away, any advice will help!:help:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Textron owns the Bunton, Bobcat, Jacobson, Steiner and a few other brands. You can check their website for more info. Sounds like a good deal though. I can't vouch for the quality never having used one.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bunton is a very good mower.But with that many hours and 5 years old .Way too much I wouldnt pay anymore than $2900. for it.If he were to trade it in he would even get less for it

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Originally posted by The Lawn Boy Pro
1998 Bunton 27HP Kohler,
Kohler didn't have a 27hp engine in 1998. It's most likely a very problematic 25 Kohler, as that is in the range of years that they had head gasket, coil problems.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
So is that 800 some hours on the NEW engine, or the entire unit?

Thats an OLD mower for $4K

Technology has changed a LOT since that time. Even an '03 Bunton has probably changed significantly since then.

I think you should look for a newer machine myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.