• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

help me buy a mini-x

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
Thinking we're finally going to get one (besides out little 300.9d)

We're renting a cat 305d2 at the moment and the thing is a beast. that said i was leaning deere due to dealer proximity and relationship. to my mind the 50g would be the closest mark to 305 BUT looking at the specs it seems the cat is more like the 60g in performance and even the cat has big hydro pumps and bucket tear out?

anyone have experience with both? also keep in mind I'm probably going the tilt rotator route because that's what I REALLY have always wanted.
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 6.42.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 6.42.31 PM.png

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
I demoed a new 305 last Spring. Compared to my 6 ton Takeuchi I thought it was underpowered, and lacked the lift capacity that the Taki gave me. Cat's single pump design I think struggles when running attachments like mowers and hoe packs and so forth, especially when trying to multifunction work groups. I ran a Deere 60 when they first came out and that info is no longer applicable.

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
I have an older kubota 6 ton and I think I’ll stick with the brand when I get a new one. I think I want to try one of the ctl’s someday too.

bobcat_ron

LawnSite Fanatic
Ugghhh, Cat's mini's are horrible pieces of crap, use the windshield wiper in a rain storm and tell me how much you can see, we can't wait to get rid of ours, or it gets stolen again....hahahaha, everyone asks for the Deere 50G instead, real quality there.

OP
BrandonV

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
Mostly grading etc for patios etc

my dear mother saw an full size excavator run by a grading contractor we use quite a bit fall into the side of a house once... she pretty much has nixed the idea since then.

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member
Mostly grading etc for patios etc

my dear mother saw an full size excavator run by a grading contractor we use quite a bit fall into the side of a house once... she pretty much has nixed the idea since then.
If I was using that logic I’d have to get rid of literally every piece of equipment and tool that I own.