1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Help me decide

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by tsh1773, Sep 13, 2006.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I just sold a Turfco Overseeder because it was hard to maneuver. I have looked at the Lesco Renovator online. I have been approved to finance it. Should I go with Renovator or is there a cheaper seeder out there that is self propelled? I'm not sure I can justify spending $3200 + tax for a machine that's mostly used this time of the year. Will it sit for the other 10-11 months. In the meantime I'm using the Brinly seeder/spreader from Home Depot. I don't think I will get good results since the tines are in front of the seed hopper.

2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

The Lesco is worth every penny. This subject has been discussed on this site many times. Do a search and you will see that most people out there like the Lesco.

3. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Upidstay is right, you can easily do $1000.00-$1500.00 a day with the Renovator and not get tired because its self-propelled. Also you can use it as a de-thatcher because you can shut off the seed box.