1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

help me expand! Any tips?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Feb 27, 2008.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

First I am a solo operater in a town of about 50k people. I offer mowing, edging, trimming, pruning, fert/squirt.....everything but landscaping. I am trying my best to expand and need your help! I have tried to upsale current customers on weed control with little success. My market just may not be that strong.

I recently sent out 2000 post cards to homeowner with combined income of 90k and up. I picked up 5 fert/squit customers and that's it. It is still about a month away before our lawns really start growing. What kind of special advertisements have you found that worked?

I can currently afford a second guy, but if I can do the work myself I hate to pay a salary of someone I don't need.

Any tips on picking up customers? Are there people I should be contacting? As in your towns it is pretty cut throat here and there are a lot of part time guys do this. Just curious of any success stories you have heard of.