1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP ME with this tree bid please

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by buckhunterjb, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Steve Voss

Steve Voss LawnSite Member

For tree work 100 / hr with a couple helpers (threemancrew) is the absolute MINIMUM you want to be making. small easy job or not. Price goes up from there, charge more, because you can, for risk, anything that needs climbing, or big jobs requiring heavy equip, etc. And yes, I would shoot for more than 100/hr even on an easy job. There's nothing cheap about running a business. Working a full ten to twelve hour day I want to be walking away with a MINIMUM of 1000 profit after labor, fuel, equipment expenses, etc. Landing easy jobs like this is a bonus, take advantage of the fact the customer doesn't want to hassle with it, but it's easy, put those two things together and obviously they don't mind spending their money. With that being said I don't look at things hourly too often unless I am really hungry for work, because that is the minimum me, my equipment, and my guys are worth. There are some 200/250 dollar trees in there and some 75/150 dollar trees, charge accordingly, add up the numbers, and then give a discount for it being easily accessible, and for the job being not much more than chainsaw 101 & beginner level felling.

2. TreesOC

TreesOC LawnSite Member

Hi, I personally wouldn't to a dime under $1500 for this. That's enough work for sure. I would probably go a little higher - sure he will knock you down some...

www.treeremovalorangecounty.org/

3. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns Banned

I sometimes wonder if anyone here does Tree Work. If that job took three days, someone was drinking too much beer and sitting under the trees. That job should have been $1,500.-$1800. and been done in one days time. We just finished trimming 18 trees and removing 3. Every single tree was 2+ stories tall, many of the trees were hanging over a roof top. The trees needed major work and there was a major amount of risk involved. Majority of these trees had to be climbed to the top. Priced above $7k, took 2.5 days with 2 people. The trees in this guys pictures could have easily been done in one day, more like 3/4 a day, including dumping which he didn't have to do.

4. donamow

donamow LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely by the job. Your gonna need a good saw. Also you will go through a few chains.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Why does everyone keep saying to have a bunch of chains?

If you need multiple chains to cut 30 trees there's something wrong, unless the trees are full of foreign objects. They didn't look large enough for that to be an issue though.

I'm curious how this went........
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns Banned

I've cut into some sticky trees, a palm in particular that would tear chains up. In this particular situation I don't understand neither though. With those small trees, you could remove all 30 and still not need a sharpening on a chain in my opinion.

7. Burkeslawncare2010

Burkeslawncare2010 LawnSite Member

I don't see how in the world anybody would use a chain on that little job. I do tree work and hAve a bucket truck an chipper. I used to cut timber I would use a couple chains a week cuttin 40000 ft a week, All hardwoods.

Alot cheaper to learn how to sharpen rather than just buy chains when they get dull
    Posted via Mobile Device