1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Help mounting blower rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I just received my ST1 Blower rack and I am ready to mount it. I was holding it up at different locations trying to find the best way to mount it on my 6x12 open trailer, but I cant decide and figured I would ask first.
    The only thing I have decided for sure is that I want it on the outside of the frame. My main concern is choosing a good location so that I can secure the blower tube. How are your tubes secured?

If anyone has input, photos, etc let me know.

Jimbo

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

The tubes I usually see bungeed.. I have an enclosed trailer and have rings mounted on the wall that the tubes slide into... May be able to rig this up on yours , maybe take some 3" or 4" pvc tubing cut to maybe a 6" piece and bolt it to trailer side so the tube will sit in it and keep it out of the way.... ??? Just a thought ?? Also I think mounting the blowers towards the front of the trailer would be better than at back.. or if you can mount it in front ? that way its' out of the way..... ???

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have mine mounted on the right side (curb side ) of the trailer near the front. It's just in front of the trimmer rack. I use a bungee to strap the tube to the side rail of the trailer. I don't have a PC camera so I can't send a picture.

4. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have mounted on the back of my trailer near the gate and I too use a bungee to anchor it to the rack. I have it on the curbside of my trailer. It sit there like the rack was made for it. I use the Jungle Jim Blower rack. It is a double holder. I will try to send you a picture tomorrow.

5. Jimbo

Thanks guys- I was thinking of curb side near the front with the tube going behind my tool box along the front rail. I did pick up a 4" PVC tube as well.
    I was going to put the trimmer rack right beside the blower rack.

I didnt want to mount it and find out there was a "better way".

Thanks
    Jimbo

6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

just an idea

000_0003 (2).jpg

7. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey MOWNGROW that looks like my set up, except I turn my powerheads the opposite way dont like the rock hitting them or what ever come out from under the truck tires. You have a nice ste up there

8. Jimbo

I got it mounted yesterday. I did mount it at the front right corner with the tube going behind the tool box. I mounted it so that the unit is just above the rail (not as high as mowngrow). Next is the trimmer rack, but I have to make some mods before mounting that. I didnt know the trimmer trap TT-1 was made from angle iron. I thought it would be solid tube. Makes it real tough to mount on the outside of the rail.

Jimbo

P.S. Mowngrow- Thanks for the photo...Looks like you lawn needs some work.

9. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Will the 1 1/2" kill you on the inside?

10. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

Hey Mow and Grow,

What size trailer is that?

Josh