1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help Mower Died Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TandM, Apr 19, 2008.

1. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Hey Guys My Old Snapper HiVac Died today. I Was Mowing A Yard And Went To Crank the mower Back up and It just kind of popped. It Felt Like it still had compression until I pulled it a few more times and it was like there was nothing there. Anyway What should I do? The Motor Was a briggs 5 hp. Should I just buy a new motor or mower. I am so upset That thing ran like a champ.

2. logans lawns

logans lawns LawnSite Member

Well as old as it is i would probably just go and buy a new one but thats just me

2003 ford f-150
    6x12 trailer
    48" toro commercial ztr
    52" wright sendar ztr
    2 echo weedeaters
    2 echo edgers
    2 echo blowers
    echo hedge trimmer
    echo chain saw
    toro push mower 22"

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep the mower and repower with something other than B&S.

4. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

It just seems like a lot of money to pay for a new engine. I like the mower because it is just a push I hate self propelled. But a new engine is like 200 bucks. that is crazy. I have a newer murray with a 5 horse on it but it doesn't bag and that hivac is the best at that

5. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

try smallenginewarehouse.com, I've repowered with there engines before and had a great experiance!!

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

If the rest of the machine is OK I would throw a new engine on it and get back to work.

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Probably the best option !!