Help - My eXmark cut quality stinks...

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Would you happen to have a part number for this by chance? I was at the dealer today, and they, #1 Had no idea what I could possibly be talking about, and #2 Couldn't see anything in their computer parts diagrams.

I might be able to try another dealer or 2 in our area, but thought you might have the info close at hand.
It is a very old number. If you do a search on Lawnsite “Exmark anti blowout baffles “ some threads should pop up with pictures and parts numbers. Let me know if you still can’t find the number and I will do some research.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Just a note that it's an old part number and they renumbered their decks at one point. There's also now an after market kit available. I installed the OEM kit on my old Lazer due to blowout of leaves when using the Ultra-Vac. It helped but it was still an annoying amount. The only time it didn't blow out was going backwards.

You can do a search here for "Exmark Anti Blowout"
You beat me to it!!

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Would you happen to have a part number for this by chance? I was at the dealer today, and they, #1 Had no idea what I could possibly be talking about, and #2 Couldn't see anything in their computer parts diagrams.

I might be able to try another dealer or 2 in our area, but thought you might have the info close at hand.
I tried to order a blow out kit for my old 48" exmark. My dealer kept telling me it didnt exist. I ended up getting the part # from the help section on exmark's website and went back to the dealer and they ordered it. It worked, but was not life changing.

OP
J

Jashley73

LawnSite Member
I continue to be impressed with the cutting performance of the G5 Gator blades.

This picture, was easily cutting 4-6" of growth in spots, and while going a little slower, my guess 4mph, the cut was nice & even. Again, hard to tell the detail via picture, vs. in person, but I was impressed.

Gators 4.jpg

This is a weekly commercial. The cut tonight was carpet-smooth.

Gators 3.jpg

While I'm impressed with the cut quality now, the blowout at the front is getting irritating in the dryer weather.

I'll be calling about the blowout baffles ASAP. Hopefully the cut quality doesn't suffer, but at this point, I'm tired of eating dust... :confused:

Last edited:

Top Forums