Lawn Care Forum banner

HELP!!! Need a Blue Blvd Cypress

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mow&Snow 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I just did an estimate for a customer with three Nellie Stevens and they preceeded to tell me that at their last house, they had a several "Blue Blvd Cypress" trees and would much rather have them rather than the Nellie Stevens. I have spoken with everyone in town and everyone has heard of these trees, but no one has any or knows how to get any. Have any of you run accross this genus? It is also refered to as "False Cypress" and just "Blvd Cypress". If anyone can help it would be great.

Thanks,

John Boy....

#5 ·
treedoc1 said:
Not a great choice for humid hot areas. Similar foliage to a blue star juniper, but grows upright conical shape.
Id have to agree here, while its a great looking tree at first, eventually the foliage browns out in spots and the tree starts to loose its great looks. Maybe your customer didnt get to see the outcome at their last place but if they stay at the new place long enough they will get to see their beautiful tree turn ugly after a few years..

#6 ·
I have a customer who has had 2 blvd cypress die in the same spot and the 3rd one is on its way and the plants around it in the same bed are doing fine . It is stumping us and greatly disheartening my customer. Any suggestions are greatly welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.