1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed in the UK

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by firthy, Apr 9, 2005.

1. firthy

firthy LawnSite Member
    from UK

:help: Right guys I need some good advice. Recently I purchase a new house with a lawned area of just under 1 acre. The lawn seems to hold water really badly but that is not my main concern. To keep the grass neat and looking nice I bought myself a Countax mower with the sweeping collector system. This is a great mower and finishes the lawn beautifully. My problem is what to do with all the grass cuttings! Anyone got any good ideas? Anyone else have the same problem? Would I be better with a mulching deck and getting rid of the collection/roller system? The latter would be a shame as it really does finish the lawn with fantastic strips. Please someone give me some advice. I’ve a stinking mass of grass at the bottom of my garden!!

Yours hopefully,

Neil.

P.S.

Does anyone have any idea how much a drainage system would be for this size garden. There is a dike at the bottom of it.

P.P.S

I am from the UK so we tend to get some seriously wet weather.