Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a nearly new Tanaka THT-2120 that I've used twice. Started and ran fine those times.

Last use was about 5-6 weeks ago. Went to use it today and wouldn't start. Using the same fuel mix as in my Stihl trimmer and blower. Stihl 2-cycle oil w/ stabilizer.

Pulled, cleaned and regapped the plug, wasn't very dirty from such limited use.

Darn thing won't start for nothing. Cranked it over and over and over.

Any ideas????

Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking it's either electrical or fuel flow. Fuel seems to be moving when I depress the bulb, but I didn't see a spark when I pulled the plug cover and cranked it.

I should've bought a Stihl HS-80 and had all Stihl stuff. I'll probably get this $300 piece of crap fixed then sell it. Shouldn't by equipment over the net. My bad.

Thanks for your responses.

dothelawn

·
Registered
90 Posts
I spray wd40 in the air cleaner, it is kind of like ether for small engines. if it will start it is likely a fuel problem, if not ignition. you can also dump gas in the muffler of some chainsaws and 2cyl and get them to start.

Dont understand that but it works?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a new Stihl backpack blower that wouldn't start for anything. Took it to the dealer and he said it had been flooded and that damaged the plug. Replaced the plug and air filter and it works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.