Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
24,082 Posts
That was a damn good solenoid, and I recall it could be retro-fitted with a current style screw-in. I have never seen a "flush-out tube" like that, could it be something else, a pressure regulator? :dizzy:

·
Registered
56,384 Posts
the outboard tube is the "contamination proof" portion - an in-body filter to feed the tube to the solenoid - keeps sand away from the solenoid - diaphragm assembly has no pass-though for water

You need a spanner to remove the solenoid

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the outboard tube is the "contamination proof" portion - an in-body filter to feed the tube to the solenoid - keeps sand away from the solenoid - diaphragm assembly has no pass-though for water

You need a spanner to remove the solenoid
Thanks drawing a blank on what this tool looks like?

·
Registered
595 Posts
You might want to check the filter on the bypass tube. That is a bypass filter, for the solenoid, to keep clean water on the solenoid. If it gets plugged up the valve may not open. It may not only be dirty, because it is supposed to self-flush when the valve comes on. It may be corrosion from years in the water.

Because the valve opens and closes, chances are the diaphragm is okay. However, I would probably change it.

I'm assuming that you have power to the solenoid, if you do, you could put a conversion solenoid on it, and make sure the filters on the bypass are clean. I've seen corrosion grow on the filter and then it wouldn't allow anything to come on.

Especially the real old brass valves that have a filter on the nut that holds the diaphragm assembly together. A little steel brush will clean the filter and the valve will work.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts