• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Help on a large bid

dcwalker

LawnSite Member
Hey guys, I really am getting a lot out of this site and appreciate the longtimmers who help out us new guys. Ive been contacted to bid on a cemetary- weed eating only. It's about 30 acres from what they told me and there are thousands of tombstones and quite a few trees as well. Tombstones and trees is all that needs weedeating but like I said there are thousands of them. This being my first commercial property to bid on I have no idea where to start. The guy I talked to said they had a company do it a few years ago and it took 4 or 5 guys, about a day and a half to do it. I'm solo, but I think I could get some help at 7-10 dollars each. Also I'm not sure yet if it's going to be weekly or bi-weekly. I know it's hard to help on such little info but a little imput would be greatly appreciated.

DC:eek:

J Hisch

LawnSite Bronze Member
What it would normally take to trim a line/distance, double it...... make some cash off your help also.. this is very labor instensive.. you will use those trimmers up and fast using them for 8+ plus hrs in a day.. bid it high. based on taking 5 guys 1.5 days my price would be.2200.00 per time.

twins_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey DC,
not sure how big your company is, but mine being solo, if I could do that job for $2200 per week, and hope to get 30 weeks out of the year, I could do just that job full time!!!
meaning, you could pull in some good money, sourcing it out to a worker at $8 an hour, figure 2-3 good trimmers a year, and that's a lot of profit???
I know it sounds like a big job, I am just playing with the numbers over here!
good luck with whatever you decide, but if they would pay the $2200 a week, I would probably take it!, that sounds a bit high to me.
Even with 5 guys at a day and a half, thats only 60 hours labor. paying $2200 a week would be paying them $36.67 an hour!
I don't think they'd pay that much, but I sure would take the job!