• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

help on an estimate!!!

straightlinelawns

LawnSite Member
Help!! I wrote a new customer of mine an estimate for some workto be completed and the way I wrote it out was very simple and easy to understand. I put all the prices next to all the jobs he wanted completed but when it was time to add up the total,My dump "a**" forgot to add in a $100.00!! What should I do??? Tell the customer the honest truth and break the bad news to him, Or take the $100.00 dollar pay cut on my behalf because it was my fault? He probably won't be to happy when I up the price a 100.00 and I could possibly lose the business. Maybe he looked at the estimate closer than I did. and understands I made a mistake and won't be upset about it??

OP
S

straightlinelawns

LawnSite Member
thanks for your help. like I said, all the prices were on the estimate I just forgot to add it up correctly, if you look on there, you can clearly see the mistake. but yeah your right, we all have guns here!!lol. I will probably give him a small discount for the problem. i'll still make good money from him all summer!!!!