Lawn Care Forum banner

help on bid PLEASE

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Runner 
#1 ·
I need help on a bid.I was cutting one of my comm. acct's today and the manager from the biz next door comes over and asks if i can give an est. she said the whole facility is 7.5 acres,i'm guessing 5 of that is grass,she asked me how much just to cut once a week and even said her guys could possibly do the trimming.heres the catch,they own a mower and are wondering if it would be cheaper to hire someone,so if i am to high they will probably pass since it has not been an expense to them so far.i'm wanting (of course) to stay competitive but make as much as i can,if there was no trimming involved what would you guys bid?And with trimming?I know, know what are my expenses.right off the top of my head i was thinking somewhere in the $425 range to cut with no trimming once a week through the growing season(usually mid march to mid oct or first of nov. )sorry this was so long but i wanted to get you guys all the info!!by the way most of this is flat land probably 95%.thanks.

#4 ·
If it's just open field mowing than you need to be much lower. If this is some kind of apartment complex with lots of detail you could be right. We average about $100.00 per hour of cutting. Less for not using the mowers. The more you lower the price the more most customers tent to enslave you to the property. They always want more for less. This becomes evident after the first couple of cuts. You know the conversations, "I thought you were going to do ______." Be careful of this. Makes you wonder why she doesn't have her employee's cutting if she owns a mower?

Just my thoughts.

Phil

#10 ·
A bit cheap for these areas arounmd here. 5 acres, open area, provided it's not super rough, around 150 - 200 per cut. Consider this, if she's running a guy on a Tractor, she has around 5 hours (probably around $15 per hour w/ taxes and such). She has fuel, she has wear and tear on the machinery, and she has 5 hours that is NOT productive to whatever that place is geared for. It's costing her more than YOU were going to charge her EASY! Unfortunately, it was going to cost YOU more than you were going to charge her, TOO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.