1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help on bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Feb 12, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I am nedding some help on a current bid. The problem is I sub out all fertilizer and herbicide work, and in this bid a groupis asking for only two applications. My question is which two applications would you make if only allowed two for the whole year??? Just needing to know before I call around to subs. Thanks!

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I would go with the spring and fall apps. only if that's all they want. These would be the 2 most effective in my opinion.

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Homer one spring w/pre-emergent and one fall app. Hopefully your pH isn't far off. Otherwise you would need a lime app. as well.

4. eggy

eggy LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys thanks, however Homer did you mean only fert. in spring and fall? Barkleymut did you recommend a crabgrass prem emergent and fert only in fall or ?????

5. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

I would just sub out the spring fert.(Weed n Feed pre em)..And in the fall, I would just put down a good winterizer..Derrick