1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

help on Gas station landscape install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by midlandlawncare, Apr 13, 2008.

1. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

I am branching off from my partner in landscaping , i havent had the type of work follow-up from them i would like and my business exp. being primarily maint and irrigation, i need help pricing an install. i can list my prices on materials and quantity , any help would be great, (40) 3 gallon jap holly @ $12 apiece , (10 ) pallets centipede @ $140 pallet , ( 8) 3 gallon august beauty gardenia @ $13 apiece , (8) 3 gallon knockout rose @ $20 apiece , (2) 15 foot sable palms @ $100 apiece , (4 ) Washingtonian palms @ $100 apiece , add in grading and round-up for the previous lawn , hmmm. hope i didnt confuse , i have some ideas but your pricing ideas would really be welcome .

2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i triple the price on the plants and thats what they pay installed.
    i double the materals and add in my labor

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I echo exactly what JRS says.

And then figure out a PITA fee if there is one, a degree of difficulty, excess drivetime, gas to and from site.

That list looks like me and two guys could install that in a day if we booked it.

Not a bad job if you ask me.

Where is the job, got a contact name and number for the gas station:)?

4. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

I came up with $8500 . any thoughts? too low? high? my cost , labor , gas for picking up palms from jax, etc , all total $4100