Help on pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by kkillen63, Feb 14, 2018.

1. kkillen63

kkillen63 LawnSite Member

I got the opportunity to put a bid on a 10 acre commercial piece of property. All of it can be mowed with a zero turn except for about a half acre of it needs to be weedeated by hand. They want it mowed every week. How much would you all charge?

2. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Member

It depends on the area expecially the amount of trimming. Do you have any aerial photos? I can usually mow 2 acres or more an hour with my gh 52 but obsticles effect time.

3. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

Location? Solo or crew? Edging? Buildings? Fert? Weed control? So many variables.

GSO LAWNEN4CER likes this.
  4. kkillen63

kkillen63 LawnSite Member

Located in WV. Solo with one helper. No buildings, fertilizing or edging.

5. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Member

Since the area is a big open field from my understanding I would charge around $175 This is based on a 2acre an hour and $35 an hour for the mowing portion as far as the trimming area I am not sure. I usually quote 2 acres an hour but in general I can mow up to 5 acres an hour depending on terrain and the amount being cut off, obviously the longer the grass the slower the mowing.

Since you have a helper to mow at the same time as your time may decrease on the job but the costs for the job increase. Honestly I bid jobs based on one person mowing. If i have help I keep same rate, more mowing can get done in a day is my reasoning to cover costs of the help. Keep in mind labor rates in your area.

6. jonnyz37

jonnyz37 LawnSite Senior Member

$60 per hour... You figure out how long it will take

7. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Here $60 per hour is cheap real cheap.

8. jonnyz37

jonnyz37 LawnSite Senior Member

Here $60 per hour is not cheap. It's top 25% i would guess. The market wins....here, in I Chicago, everywhere

9. wishfull

wishfull LawnSite Senior Member

$85 per hour for mower and $45 and up for trimmer man.

10. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Well is the op in Lexington? If not your price could be super cheap and cost him money or it could be high and he won't win many bids?