Help on pricing?

TwoBrothersLC

LawnSite Member
This is my second season and I want to do better this year than last in figuring my rates. After I put together my numbers for gas, storage, insurance, and repairs, how do I figure the overall price to quote. Is there a specific %age that can be used to help attain the magic number?

Team Gopher

LawnSite Platinum Member
Here is something you can question. How long will the job take and how much do you need to make per hour?

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
if i could go back in time to my second season, i would tell myself, 'self, get your price completely ready to present to them, then right before you give the price, add $10 to it.'

sorry, no help, i know. but my point is don't feel embarassed or shy about giving the customer a price. and don't worry about not getting the sale. you may not be that way, but i was. i would tend to estimate low. as a result, i ended up having to raise prices on good customers a couple years later. now days, i give them the price with a genuine smile. take it or leave it.

OP
T

TwoBrothersLC

LawnSite Member
charlies...thanks...I am one to bid low...I guess I feel a bit guilty since most of my customers have been retired, older folks. I'll take your advise into consideration

Top Forums