help on pricing

cfosceola

LawnSite Member
I have a customer that wants her mulch taken out(3 yrds pine bark) and replace with red lava rock about 4 yards, not including the rock, what would be a good quote. She is an excellent customer, always pays on time and always compliments me on how good her lawn looks. I thru that part in there in case any of you guys cut a little break on the good customers versus the bad customers. Thanks in advance.

workaholic

LawnSite Senior Member
1) How are you removing the mulch, bobcat, or shovel and wheelbarrow.2) Whats the distance from mulch beds to truck? 3) Do you have a dump truck or pickup? 4) IF your using a pickup truck dont forget to add time to unload. Its hard to give prices with out seeing the job but i will give you a guesstimate if your doing it alone 250 bucks.

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
i would charge her $70 per for installing the lava rock (not including rock, right?)

i would charge $105 to remove the old.

that's just me though.

OP
C

cfosceola

LawnSite Member
I will be using a wheel barrel and i will have a dump fee of 7.00, i am figuring about 6 to 8 hours of work with a helper, i was figuring 25 dollars per man hour x 8 hours for a total of 400.00. Is this reasonable or too high.

tedk

LawnSite Member
I like that price, I would do it for that. But i don't think it would take 2 guys 8 hours, even considering going to the dump.

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
I would charge $180 for the labor + what every the material and dump fee is..

Cleatus

LawnSite Member
Jeff,

How much do you charge per labor hour?

Also, if I had a 2 yard bed how much would you charge to mulch it? Let's say it it has about 10 lyriope plants that need to be cut back, I would like the edges refreshed, double sided dark mulch, and I would like it to be 3" deep.

Top Forums