Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,306 Posts
I just look at the shrubs and figure a price. Usually around $10/ bush for bigger ones, plus a dump fee for the time going to the dump and back. I charge about $15 to $20 for that. In time, you will get good enough to make better estimates. The first time jobs for anything always suck, always take longer, and are always a learning experience. I'm not a pro yet, I'm still learning, but I'm getting a lot better at pricing stuff. It sounds like you didn't do too bad though for your first job. Keep it up.

One other thing. When I quote a job, I never, never give a price to the person right away. I don't like feeling presse. I like to go home and think logically about it. I just tell them I have to go and run some numbers or something like that. Which is not a lie, it's the truth. Also, I'm the type of person that may forget about something. Just today I had a meeting with a lady. I got out the quote, and I realized I forgot to put in one stupid $20 thing. Not a big deal, but:hammerhead:!!!!! So, yeah. Keep working hard, you'll get the hang of it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.